Sunday, January 3, 2010

The Package


Three boys at our house decided to pool their Christmas/Birthday/job money together to buy another Xbox. Why we need another one I will never know.

The Xbox was purchased on Christmas Day and was to arrive via Fed Ex. Along with this purchase, they also got two games and some kind of cord that you need to play. All of these packages were shipped separately. Some were shipped by Fex Ex and some by UPS. The Xbox arrived a few days after being ordered. They were waiting for the other two packages to arrive when they saw the UPS man come down our street. They watched as he delivered a package to the house directly across the street from us. They were convinced that the UPS man had delivered their package to the wrong house.

I walked by the front door to see this scene.



Connor was trying to see the address label on the package across the street to see if this was his anticipated package.

He then convinced Tanner to go across the street and "scope out the package". Tanner took the phone with him and Connor told him what to do. I heard things like: "Tanner, walk by slowly and see if you can see the address", "Tanner, go up to the door and look at the package, if they see you at the door, ask if the boy that lives there can play". I was then asked by Tanner if he could "take the package up to their door, ring the bell and tell them they have a package, kind of like when someone comes to your house and brings your newspaper to you that was in your driveway". Um no, I don't think so.

This is Connor as he was "covering" Tanner while he checked out the package. It was finally decided the package was indeed delivered to the right house. They had to wait two more days for their package to arrive.



















1 comment:

  1. I loved the picture with the binoculars. Mike and I laughed and thought it sucked that they had to wait so long for the rest of the stuff.

    ReplyDelete