For two weeks in a row the tornado sirens have sounded. The first week we didn't worry too much until the pizza delivery man asked me if we had heard the sirens. "Yes," I replied, "what does that mean exactly? Does it mean to be careful and keep an eye out for tornadoes?" "No," replied the pizza man, "it means to get in your basement because a tornado has been spotted." Oops! I forgot to ask the pizza guy why he was out delivering pizzas during a siren. Before we had moved from Denver last year, we had been less than 2 miles away from a tornado while we were at church. They had tornado sirens there but I don't remember hearing them during the tornado. I heard them at other random times. Maybe I was too nervous to hear them.
How to survive a tornado siren....the Grimm way.
Gather your loved ones to the basement. Make sure you have your blankies. If you are like Connor, make sure you have a nerf gun in hand, just in case. *Note to self: we probably shouldn't sit by the windows next time. But, really who wants to sit in a storage room on a treadmill?

Follow the tornado on the news.

Make sure you have food to sustain life.

And that's how you live through a tornado siren...the Grimm way!
The cake makes going to basement worth the effort!
ReplyDelete