Tuesday, October 13, 2009

HOMECOMING - Lafayette High School




High School homecoming here in St. Louis is a highly celebrated event.

Every day, during the week of homecoming, they do something different at the school. The theme this year was the 80's. Ahhh the memories. Each class decorated their hallway and they had several events during lunch which included jousting and eating contests. They had a powder puff game and lots of other fun things for the kids. Friday before the game they hold a parade. Each club/organization can enter a float. From what I've heard, the weather during the parade each year is usually warm and enjoyable. This year it was cold and drizzly.

Danika is in choir and they entered a float. Their float was based on Ferris Buehler's Day Off. Remember in the movie when Ferris is on a float singing and dancing to "Twist and Shout"? This is what her choir did. A boy in our ward was Ferris and Danika walked behind the float. We didn't get any pictures of the float but we did get one of Danika.

Danika wanted to know if I had leg warmers. Yes indeed I did. I only wore them during dance class though. I had fun telling her my memories of high school and the 80's. She agrees it was a good time in history and produced some of the best music.

No comments:

Post a Comment