Sunday, June 7, 2009

Excitement at Church!!


So there I was, sitting in High Priest meeting...we were well into our "nap time" and were interrupted by a Bishopric member from the other Ward that said the tornado sirens were going off and we had to move into the gym.

To follow proper safety precautions, I promptly went out to the window to take a look!  I have a few pictures of the tornado forming...pretty wild!

It was very fascinating seeing the funnel cloud float along going up and down...I had never seen anything like that.  My fascination changed to worry when the hail started.  My mind immediately went to our two cars sitting in the parking lot.  I watched out the window with great interest as the hail stones got bigger and bigger.

By this time several of us were watching out the window (I guess I was not the only one following proper safety procedures).

Our Stake President was among our group.  I was mortified when he yelled "wow, did you see that one, it was as big as a softball!!"  My interest quickly turned to fear and my mind went to the deductible on our auto insurance policy and thought, how could this happen at church??

I went out to take a look at the damage and picked up one of the hail stones sitting a few feet from one of our cars.  The picture below shows Tanner holding that precious gem.  This one was slightly larger than a golf ball.

Needless to say, our cars received several injuries from these very hard things from the sky.  I guess that is what insurance is for.

Oh well, I suppose we have to deal with the challenges we are dealt.  Good news, everyone is fine.

No more napping in High Priest meeting for me :)

Aaron (my first blog post...how exciting is that??!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment